March 25, 2011

A Week in Letters: Day 4

Dear Sondra,

Thank you.  For everything. But, particularly, thank you for WWWW4. (Girls weekend) Thank you for recognizing that we are not all perfect and thank you for realizing that we really do need the occasional vacation. (Sans children and husband. That is the important part.)

Those are the times that I realize the blessing it is to be a member of your family. Do you know how rare it is to have such a large family without any feuds.  A family with nine siblings, all of whom are not only on speaking terms, but loving terms?

I also want to thank you for creating an atmosphere where we 9 women can gather to buoy each other up.  I thought it was funny that you began the weekend inviting us all to take part in a therapy weekend through artistic creation.  Well, I think we all needed a "therapy weekend"  despite the fact that the art supplies were barely touched.  We needed the therapy that sharing our struggles with each other provided.  We needed the time to bare our souls to other trusted and beloved women who would reassure us with their love and experience.

I just wanted to make sure that you knew that.  How grateful I am.  For what you have done.  For you.

Love you.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Erin said...

I have been loving your letters this week. Just wanted to let you know :)

Mom and Dad said...

Aw, Rachel, You made me cry. I DO love you and thank you for putting up with my son and all his siblings. We DO have a great family and I would love to take credit for it but then I'd have to take credit for all their flaws so we won't go there. Thanks for helping me feel GREAT!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.