April 27, 2011

Did I ever tell you about the time my blow dryer tried to kill me?

No?

I should.

It was a Sunday morning, before church. These things always happen before church.  I don't know why.

I was drying my hair.  And my dryer shut off.  The surge button on the plug popped out, so I just kind of figured the circuit was overloaded.  I pushed the button and turned it back on.  This happened two more times.

For your benefit: If this happens to you, pay attention. Your blow dryer is trying to tell you something.

A minute or two later, I heard a strange noise coming from the blow dryer. I looked down and saw FLAMES shooting out the end.

I did the sensible thing then: scream and throw it to floor.  Luckily, I had enough sense to unplug it.  I realized then that it had burned a hole into my favorite cardigan.  So, not only did I need a new blow dryer, I also had to change my entire outfit.  It was not a super morning.

But, at least I didn't die.


Photobucket

9 comments:

Melinda said...

OH man, I totally know how you feel! when I was in high school my mom (being cheap) bought a hair dryer from the thrift store, it was little and old and well, it blew up in my hand. I mean, there I was blow drying my hair one minute and the next minute the thing BLEW UP. I had a big electrical burn on my hand, it was pretty scary! I'm glad you didn't die either.

Noelli Spanelli said...

Wow! That is scary! And it BURNed a hole in your sweater while you were wearing it? Crazy!

Lourie said...

Holy cow!!! That would have freaked me out for like the rest of my life. Glad you are okay.

Barbaloot said...

New layout---I like it:)
I live in mortal fear of blow dyers as they have, more than once, tried to suck up my hair. Worst feeling/sound/smell ever. I get so panicky when I start to feel my hair getting pulled it.

Very sad about the cardigan. Doesn't matter how many you have, it's not fun to lose one.

Emmy said...

Holy cow! That would have freaked me out. Glad you weren't hurt

SpencernAmy said...

So glad you didn't die! I never knew I needed to be afraid of hair dryers.

Sell...Party Of 4 said...

My blow dryer makes lots of weird noises....maybe I should buy a new one before it burns a hole in something.

Annette Lyon said...

Your cardigan paid the price for you.

Yikes!

Wonder Woman said...

Ack! A few months ago my blow dryer started smelling like it was burning. Upon investigation, I saw that it had a lint trap. And that I
could easily removed said lint. The burning smell was no longer.

I'm glad you didn't die!

p.s. Love the makeover.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.