April 19, 2011

Frogs and snails and puppy dog tails

I have two little boys.  Ages 2 and 4.  Sometimes, they drive me nuts. But, mostly, I can't get enough of them.  Today I watched as my four year old leaned over to his little brother, gave him a hug and said, "You're my best friend."

I have heard him say this to friends.

I have heard him say this to box elder bugs.

But never to his brother. It made my heart melt.

Then later today I watched my boys dog pile on top of each other, giggling the entire time.  And I couldn't help but laugh right along with them.

And as we went for a walk tonight, I watched my two year old jump in every. single. puddle.  He was soaked by the time we got home. But he was thrilled.

I love these little boys.  Is it wrong to pray that they will never grow up?

5 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Puddle jumping! Even if they somehow grow up, I doubt they'll ever grow out of that! Best thing ever.

Melanie said...

If you figure out how to keep them little forever, please let me know. :)

alison said...

posts like this make me very sad that my boy will probably not ever have a brother to share that bond with. it's probably a good thing that i think my youngest daughter is going to be quite the tomboy, so maybe she'll be able to fill-in ;)

SpencernAmy said...

box elder bug best friend. I love it. Kensi had a "pet" carpenter ant in Illinois. I'm sad she's grown out of that . . . .

Annette Lyon said...

There's the mommy exhaustion stage when you wish they'll grow up faster so you won't be so tired.

Then you reach the "oh, they're so fun and awesome!" stage.

Then you blink, and their voices have changed, and they're taller than you.

I'm still in denial that my son is no longer a boy. Some days I really miss the little guy that climbed into my lap to give me hugs; I can't grasp that instead he's a young man who leans down from above me to do it.

*sniff*

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.