April 4, 2011

Some thoughts. . .

*The weather is mean.  75 degrees one day, 6 inches of snow the next is not cool.  Not at all.
*It is supposed to snow again next Saturday. The day the entire world is coming to my house.  This is very inconvenient. Let us all pray the storm gets here sooner and is shorter than expected.
*Why do my children think that they only have one hand?  Really.  Why?  It is impossible for them to pick up more than one thing at a time.  
*My 6 year old has started to act like a 2 year old.  What is up with that?
*I have way too much stuff. I realized that on Saturday and tried to throw it all away. Dilemma: What do you do when your garbage can (the big one) is overflowing and garbage day isn't till Thursday?
* I hate whiny crying.  It is the only thing that has ever made me feel like laying a hand on my child in anger.  Luckily, she is about 30 feet away and I don't feel like getting up.
*I really don't want to make dinner.  I am making fajitas.  I don't even like fajitas. But I need to use up some tortillas and onions and peppers.  Let's hope the kids like them!

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Back when my mom wasn't crazy, she would make some mean fajitas. They were delicious.

Sara said...

ha ha. Me too on most of those. I feel like I am always telling my kids to use two hands. For taking off shoes, getting dressed. It's like they forget they have another hand or something.

Debbie / Cranberry Fries said...

I hate it when the weather doesnt cooperate with my parties at my house (since it's much easier to use the backyard as extension party space).

Also the garbage makes me super anxious. I'm always concerned we're not going to have enough room or forget to take it out. These next two weeks are our spring cleaning weeks on our calendar. I'm diving in. :)

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

I can't help it. This post is just pure awesomeness.

Perhaps because I feels the same way about so many of these things....

SpencernAmy said...

Way to speak my thoughts . . . again! I did find a solution to the full garbage thing, though. I fill garbage bags or grocery bags with the overflowing garbage (dry trash only) and then on trash day, as I drive the kids to school, I have them each grab a bag or two and we drop them in unfilled garbage cans . . . . I'm not sure it's legal but I asked a neighbor once if I could put some trash in his can and he said, 'yes' so I rationalize that I didn't necessarily mean just THAT week. : )

Barbaloot said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend:)

I'm hoping/praying that Saturday weather report is wrong and it'll be nice!!

Living the Scream said...

I hate it when I don't like what I am cooking for dinner. It's the worst! Also the garbage thing is totally annoying!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.