April 6, 2011

This is not an announcement

I just had a dream about it.

I am not one of those people who can say I LOVE being pregnant.   But, I am lucky enough to not be one of the people who HATE being pregnant either.

I have the regular problems-- morning sickness for the first 3 months, exhaustion, a rapidly shrinking bladder and the inability to sleep for the last month or so.  BUT: I love the feeling of closeness that I have with the baby. I love feeling it move inside of  me, that first flutter is almost miraculous.  I love knowing the part that I played in this child's creation and the knowledge that no matter what, I get to keep them.  I love the constant sense of anticipation, and the wonder.  What will she look like?  Curly hair? Dark or light?  Will this one have my eyes?  Or maybe be lucky enough to get her Grandpa's? (I've always wanted a brown eyed girl.)  Will she be patient and easy going? Or strong willed and stubborn?

But I never have to wonder about how much I will love that baby.   I have learned that the moment she arrives, something sacred happens and the love I have for my children doesn't divide: It multiplies.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Mandy said...

you're really pushing for a girl next aren't you? ;)

Wonder Woman said...

I am one of those girls lucky enough to love being pregnant. I'm rarely sick and so I get 9 months of not feeling fat and enjoying the miracle that birth is. Pregnancy dreams can be really fun, and a tease at the same time.

I really want a girl next, too.

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

Aww, that's me too. This pregnancy has been a little harder than the others, but there is nothing like feeling that movement of life inside you. And waiting for the moment you get to meet!

Wendy said...

It is a great experience. But I don't love it because I have all the "yucky" symptoms of pregnancy that make it almost a miserable experience. But I won't say that I completely hate it either.

Because I like feeling the same things you mentioned. And you are right when the child is born something happens and I'm always amazed how I can have so much love to give to another child.

Melissa Bastow said...

Do you ever get gas bubbles that feel like a baby moving and it makes you go, "OOOOOOH.......yeah." Because it reminds you so much of being pregnant and then you realize it's just because you ate a burrito for lunch?

I'm thinking dreaming about it is probably better than bubbles though.

Heidi said...

Beeuuutiful.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.