May 9, 2011

Not Me Monday. Or not.

Don't you love embarrassing church moments?  Wanna hear one?

So, it was right in the middle of sacrament. Isn't it always?

My two year old was sitting on my lap as I was passing the sacrament tray to my daughter.  Yes, the water tray. And as I was handing it off, Eric kind of launched himself backwards and actually did a flip off of my lap.

Let me clarify.  He did not fall backwards.  No.  He made a full rotation and landed on his stomach taking half of the sacrament tray with him.  He knocked the wind out of him, while I just sat there trying to figure out WHAT JUST HAPPENED?  

Eric was soaked, Eden was soaked and there were little plastic cups everywhere.  It was awesome. (there really needs to be a sarcasm font.)
Photobucket

13 comments:

just call me jo said...

I could rant on about sacrament time fiascos, but none as chaotic as yours. I'm sure no one noticed. (wink, wink) I usually utter some inappropriate swear word in a loud voice.

Barbaloot said...

I've always wondered if anyone has ever actually spilled the entire tray. Thank you for putting that question in my mind to rest:)

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Now that IS awesome. True talent I must say. :D

Liesl said...

Oh what a riot! Honestly I wish I had been there. We need a little spice in church every now and then. Sorry it had to be at your expense, but I'm sure it was very entertaining for the rest.

AJ said...

ahahahaha- yeah Tre totally sneezed on the water tray yesterday!!!! AJ then took the compromised cups out- we were totally embarrassed too!

Rochelle Brunson said...

Embarrassing moments at church are so fun. I thought it was embarrassing when my daughter got into my bag and handed a panty liner to the people behind us. (Don't judge me too much I am 9 months pregnant). But I think yours is a tiny bit worse.

Jenny P. said...

You have experienced one of my biggest sacrament meeting fears. Especially since Henry is old enough now that he insists on doing things by himself. I just know that one of these days the entire tray is going to topple...

I'm glad you survived to tell us about it. :)

Sara said...

Ha ha. That is classic. It reminds me of the time we made Gabe eat the sacrament bread and he threw it up because there was crust on it. Lovely.

Mother Goose said...

And the little deacon boy was probably trying to figure out what to do now.

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

Ohhhh dear. I second the sarcasm font. I'd be using that one all the time!

Wonder Woman said...

Uh, WOW. That's crazy. Usually when my child attempts a back flip it's into my nose. (Isaac made me chip a tooth one time.)

Sounds like just the thing to happen on Mother's Day!

heather said...

I wish I could have been sitting next to you for all that!

Melanie Jacobson said...

I vote yes on the sarcasm font. Please tell whoever is in charge of the interwebz to get on that.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.