May 24, 2011

Tuesday Confessional

Have I ever told you about my relationship with Harry Potter?

I'm sure I've mentioned it once or twice.  But I don't think you understand.

I have a very close, personal relationship with Harry Potter.

It isn't one of those things that I like to go around bragging about.  Because some people are still of the opinion that Harry Potter is just some wildly popular kids book.

Which totally offends me, by the way.

Harry Potter is one of the most incredible pieces of literature that I have ever had the privilege of reading.  (Yes, you read that right. Literature.)

I think J.K. Rowling is a genius. It is as simple as that.

P.S. I watched the 7th movie this weekend.  And while the movies generally drive me crazy because they never get anything right, this one was good.  Also, I think Ron is my new favorite character.  And all it took were two words:
 "Like hell."  
(You know what I'm talking about, don't you?)
Photobucket

6 comments:

just call me jo said...

Obviously I'm not the Harry aficianado that you are. No, I don't remember the impact of "Like hell." Please enlighten. I'm glad you enjoyed the experience.

cb photos said...

I LOOOOVE Harry Potter, I agree Rowling is a genius, she blew my mind with the 7th book! I loved the movie as well, really kept it on track which makes me happy! If you have a personal relationship with HP, you should watch this, I thought it was hilarious:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH2P0jbpx8A

Liesl said...

Amen.

heather said...

I KNEW there was a reason why you're my eBFF. And my favorite is Hermione. I really love her. And I think I'll go plug that movie in, just because. I want to see the "like hell" part and I can't remember where it is. !?

The Damsel In Dis Dress said...

totally.

I cried when it sank in that there would be No More.

Erin said...

My eight year old is reading HP #1 for the first time ever, and yesterday he said, "You know, magic is real. Only Muggles don't know about it. I'm not a Muggle." It was awesome.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.