July 6, 2011

Identity Crisis

I don't know if you've noticed, but for the past months I feel a bit like I have lost focus with my blog.  When I first started it, it was exactly what the title made it: my life, feeling a bit trapped with a colicky baby and three toddlers in a new neighborhood with very few friends.  

It was a hard time.  There were some desolate days and blogging made more of a difference than I think I can ever express or even fully realize.  But now, that baby is almost 3.  I have 2 girls in school full time and just finished a round of joy school with another one. I am in the Primary presidency, I volunteer at school, I have lots of good friends in the neighborhood.  My newest hobby is going back to basics.  

The thing is, I want to blog.  I need that writing outlet.  But I haven't quite found the focus that this shift has disrupted.  So, I guess what I'm trying to say is this:  what do you want to hear from me?  Do you want me to share my fascination with making things from scratch?  Or would you prefer my off the cuff ramblings?  

Just help a girl out.  Point me in a direction.  I'll take it from there!  

P.S. To you who read and comment so faithfully, despite my lack of comments (shame on me)  you are my favorite people.  Thank you. 

10 comments:

Kristen said...

I love random ramblings, but I would love to see your projects from scratch, too! So I guess whatever you're feeling that day!

Kristina P. said...

I've always liked your randominity. I would love to see your projects.

Ginger said...

I love reading your blog - I'm one of those silent stalkers I'm afraid. :)

I love reading blogs with random ramblings. I love reading about the day to day stuff that goes on in people's lives. I have also seemed to lose my focus on my blog as well so I totally know what you are saying.

Jo said...

Just keep it coming... I am in the same spot you were in when you moved. I miss you guys I miss the old neighborhood...

Rochelle Brunson said...

I look forward to both of those kinds of posts. I think you should keep them both up.

music notes said...

Ginger and I are silent stalkers together :)

I'm interested in random bits of everyday life but your fascination with making things from scratch sounds interesting.

Lesa

heather said...

I think I went through this awhile ago... when I realized how many people actually read my blog & I kinda freaked out a little bit. I think you should do both. Whenever you feel like it.

Melinda said...

Just be you and write about whatever you feel like. Its your blog, you should do whatever makes you feel good! :) I always love random, but I also love a good project, so share away! :)

Liesl said...

I love the randoms, and really I just love your fresh honesty. I like it when you talk about little things that feel big. And I think it's funny that my word verification image is "colyc."

Erin said...

I just love it when you are yourself - just little bits of wisdom here and there, thoughts and musings, the good and the bad. Keep it up!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.