July 18, 2011

It's happening.

I turned 29 on Friday.

I still haven't decided how I feel about that.  Every once in a while it hits me that I am almost 30.  (I know. I'm getting so old.)  But it just seems so fast.   I have a hard time believing that I graduated from high school 11 years ago.  I have been married for 10 years.  I graduated from college 6 years ago and I have an 8 year old daughter.

It came really fast.

It was  a great day.   We got to be the first passengers on the new Trax Line.   I went to lunch at an adorable cupcake place with my sister.  (Surprise of all surprises, best chicken salad ever!)  Some surprisingly great presents from my husband and a fabulous dinner at Tucano's.

Let's all hope that I get my uncertainties under control  before next July rolls around. . .
Photobucket

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Happy belated birthday! I liked turning 30. It's been the 3 birthdays after that that have freaked me out.

Barbaloot said...

Happy Birthday! Totally get the uncertainties feeling. Not that fun.

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Rachel. Sorry I didn't even call. What a bad sister-in-law. I have been freaking out about getting to 30 too. I didn't think I would be like that, but I am. I so am. I'm glad you had a good day!

Mother Goose said...

Happy, happy birthday!

heather said...

Oh crap. I forgot! Happy Be-lated Birthday!! (Tucanos Yum!)

Lesa said...

I'm going to have to check out those cupcakes. 30 isn't bad. 30 + 15 is something to worry about :)

Jillybean said...

You should do what I did and stay 29 for ten years.....

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.