July 19, 2011

Tuesday Confessional

I was hanging out with some friends the other night and the conversation turned to our husbands, as conversations are wont to do. Two of my friends were comparing notes about their husbands obsessions with Star Wars.

Here's the thing, when I got married, my husband had never seen Star Wars. (I KNOW!  Right?)  His goal was to watch the prequels in order, and then watch the originals. To which I replied: Blasphemy.   So we watched them.  (Did I mention that I pretty much have them all memorized? And if I'm gonna be honest, it isn't because of a young Harrison Ford.  That's just an added bonus.)

Not long ago, I was discussing my birthday and my husband's gift giving patterns with my friend.  I mentioned that I got a laptop for my birthday a couple of years ago.  To which she replied, "And that's really a toy for him!"

Here's the thing:  This laptop is MINE.  I don't like to share it.  I was the one who really, really wanted it.

Recently I have decided that I have to have an iPhone.  My husband hates his touch screen and wants to downgrade to phone that doesn't require a data plan.

And I realized something.  In this house, I'M THE GEEK.  And there is nothing that I can do about that. .

P.S. I'm giving away a round trip ticket to Salt Lake on Trax on Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle. Head over to enter.  Thanks!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Lara said...

There's nothing wrong with being a geek! I'm the one who convinced my husband to get us iPhones and I use mine WAY more than he uses his. Of course, this is the man who still has a record player and uses it often.

Lesa said...

I'm like you, well, except the star wars part. :)

Melissa Bastow said...

I'm the total geek in our marriage too, except he's a huge nerd, so I'm ok with it.

wendy said...

ha ha...that is funny that you are the Geek.
I have only seen the first Star Wars. that's it.

Emmy said...

Lol! I am a technology geek too- but my husband is an even bigger one. :)

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.