July 26, 2011

tuesday confessional

It took me a long time to grow up, I think.  

I don't mean physically when I say that.

I was raised in Salt Lake, in what is otherwise known as the "the bubble."  I went to college in Rexburg, Idaho, an extension of the bubble.

The older I get the more I realize that "the bubble" is not necessarily where there are no problems, it's just where no one ever admits they have problems.

Because the older I get, the more I realize that EVERYONE has problems.  And whether they talk about them or deny their very existence, they still have them.
Photobucket

8 comments:

Liesl said...

So true.

It was a shock to me when I left the bubble and people were not only open, but rather nonchalant about their issues. But then it was a relief. I was not alone, and just because I had issues, it didn't mean I needed to stress about them all the time.

just call me jo said...

My daughter and her husband (ugh!) went to Bubble U. Though she's originally from Idaho, I think it's our religion that tends to keep kids in the bubble. Nothing wrong with that, I guess. It just is hard to be realistic about flaws. Daughter and SIL are now going through serious financial problems but they're still denying any problems. Oops! Did I rant? Sorry.

Momza said...

We're here to be tested and tried and within the laws of Free Agency, do our best to live the commandments. That is the plan of salvation. It rains on the just and the unjust.

heather said...

True, true, true.

Erin said...

Everyone has problems. And everyone has secrets too. I can't stand it when family tries to hide secrets by trying to sweep them under the rug. Ugh.

Emmy said...

Yep, which is why I try and not judge as you just never know what someone is going through.

Melissa Bastow said...

A. Men.

Sell...Party Of 4 said...

Well said! I will add my amen!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.