August 29, 2011

Back to School

It's the first day of school.

I'm conflicted. I want to cry. My son doesn't realize that when the girls leave they will be gone ALL DAY.

But, but, I  can go shopping with 2 children. I only have to feed lunch to two children.  And starting next week, I can go shopping with ONE CHILD.

(Did I mention that I signed up for Winder Farms after the first week of taking all four of my children shopping this summer?  Simply so I wouldn't have to do it again? Oh. Yeah.  I did.)

But, I miss my babies.  They are gone for so long.  And yes, there will be less fighting, but also less people to entertain the boys.

Oh, boy. This might be a long year.

Photobucket

5 comments:

just call me jo said...

My grandtwins head off to first grade. I'm anxious and hopeful that everyone has a good day. Stay busy, Mom. They'll be home before you know it.

Heidi said...

I remember when my then two year old had her first experience with sending her 7 year old brother off to school (she didn't really care the year prior). It was very hard. She took up thumb sucking. But, we all get through it. Everyone eventually adjusts. My kids start tomorrow and I am not looking forward to it. Hugs!

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

Aww, such a conflict. I've had some of those same {reverse} thoughts this summer. 'There seems to be so much bickering taking place here . . . should I just send one or both of the older ones to school?' But then I remember the many reasons we choose to homeschool, and it all works out. The same will be true for you. It might be hard or different at first. But it will become your new normal.

Rochelle Brunson said...

I'm conflicted too. It'll be nice to have the boys fighting less, but Dexter will be so bored without his brother to entertain him all day. At least he'll have preschool to take up some of his free time.

Jenny P. said...

Mine have been in school for three weeks now and my house is so quiet! But... my four year old is also bored out of his mind, asking to play the wii all day, every day. I miss having older siblings around to keep him entertained, for sure.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.