August 15, 2011

Sigh. . .

I had one of those days yesterday.  You know. Not a horrible day.  Not even an awful day. Just a day where the small things that could go wrong did. I changed clothes four times.  I ran out of eggs for breakfast.  My boys couldn't sit next to each other in church for more than two minutes without taking a swing at each other. My primary lesson tanked.  I remembered about five things that I was supposed to have done for today that I didn't. My rolls didn't rise. My son burned his finger. I couldn't eat dinner until after 7 when every thing was cold, and corn on the cob cold is gross. And there is no good chocolate in this entire house.

It amazes me how a day like today can just drain my soul.  It really wasn't that bad. It could have been so, so much worse.  But the thought of doing the dishes, just made me want to cry.  I lay on the couch, barely able to move. It seems like every muscle in my body is on strike. When really, it is simply my brain.

It amazes me that I feel like this.  There are days when I accomplish so much and at the end of the day am still looking around to see what needs to be done. But something about yesterday seems to have drained any and all desire to try and even think.

Let's all hope today is better.
Photobucket

7 comments:

just call me jo said...

What's a new way to say, "I so understand"? I think those days are harder because you get no adreniline rush to see you through. It's just a drip, drip, drip of tiny disasters that drains you. I predict that Monday will be better. Hope so.

Mandy said...

I think you recovered well with Chole's comment and successfully maneuvered around Jeramey's! you have such a confidence when it comes to teaching- I still need to get passed the nervous shaking and speed reading parts!!!

Lara said...

I feel like I have had more days like that than not lately! And they do drain one's soul, don't they?

Crossing my fingers for a better day today.

Heidi said...

I blame it on biorythms. When your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual tanks are at low ebb, that's when those days happen. Thank goodness for the good days, though, huh?

Emmy said...

So sorry- I hate days like that :(

Barbaloot said...

Dislike those days! And it seems like they come frequently on Sundays---which you'd think would be automatically wonderful days.

Liesl said...

Yeah, sorry about that. You know that scripture "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass"? Well I have a sequel. It goes, "Small and simple things make my whole world crash!"

Have some chocolate. Watch Downton Abby on Netflix or Jane Eyre.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.