September 13, 2011

Help Walgreens Help Others



Thanks to Walgreens for sponsoring my writing. Help Walgreens help others! Visit their Facebook page here to learn about their charitable partners and decide which cause Walgreens will donate to with a quick vote.
image source

I'm not sure if I have ever mentioned it before, but I live in one of the worst school districts in the state of Utah.  They have no money. They stopped busing to our school this year because they couldn't afford it anymore.  It's pretty bad.

But. BUT.

Our school is great. I really like it.  Okay. Maybe it's not the best there is. But, it is great.  Want to know why?  Because we have the best PTA that I have ever seen. They are so on the ball and there is so much involvement.  Every fall they put together a carnival that raises (not costs, but raises) about $10,000 for our school.  And it's actually really fun. This would be impossible without tons of community involvement. Dozens of local businesses donate food, service, toys, games, you name it.  It amazes and impresses me that when a community pulls together they can do so much.

It also makes me think that I could do a little bit more around here.   It makes me think that if I just gave a little bit more here and there, volunteered a little bit more often, donated a little bit more that I could really make a difference.  Not to mention the part where I want to teach my children to be an active part of the community as well.   All right. That's it. Enough talk.  We are going to find a way to do some good in our community.  How about you?


Don't forget to help Walgreens help others! Visit their Facebook page here to learn about their charitable partners and decide which cause Walgreens will donate to with a quick vote. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.



Photobucket

1 comment:

Barett said...

Rachel,

Thanks for this post and for tipping me off to what Walgreens is doing. I re-posted the opportunity over on my blog where I try and encourage others to get involved in philanthropy. I also enjoyed reading about your passion to raise money for your local school. Keep up the great work and thanks for being such a great example of charity.

Barett

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.