October 31, 2011

H-A-double L-O-W-double E-N spells Halloween!

Did you learn that song in elementary school? It was how I knew how to spell that word for years. In fact, even now as I write it, I can still hear that song in my head.

We had a pretty crazy weekend with a monkey, a lion, a cowgirl and Fancy Nancy running around. We also have ridiculous amounts of candy. But I'm positive that we are not unique on that account.

After today, you're going to hate me for this one, my mind is going straight to Christmas. I am actually pretty far on my shopping.  But I really, really want to be pretty much done with all Christmas prep by December 1.  Last year, I wasn't.  And rather than spend time with my kids doing Christmas activities, I went down my to do list while they watched TV or played with their friends. And I was annoyed with myself the entire time.  I really, really want to avoid that this year. So, hopefully, the next month will be spent sewing, painting and wrapping so that all of December can be spent making cookies, decorations, and finding ways to celebrate the season.

Here's hoping I'm not sick of Christmas by the time December 1 rolls around. . . .

Photobucket

3 comments:

Emmy said...

I have my shopping just about done- but now my kids are suddenly presenting me with theses new lists of things thy want Santa to bring. Santa has already been shopping though

Melissa Bastow said...

I tell myself I'll do this EVERY year. But then by the time it rolls around and I'm still gift-less until mid-December.

heather said...

How could anyone get sick of Christmas? Also, we have the same goal -basically. I want to be finished with the gift side of Christmas by the first week so I don't have to wait 17 years in line at the post office...

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.