October 14, 2011

Random Friday

I'm getting frustrated with Halloween. Don't get me wrong--I love it.  It just bugs me the direction in which it is headed.  Let me explain. I am all for the pumpkins and the spiders and the cute little Frankenstein monsters.  What I don't love are the dead bodies and the gruesome masks that start to appear as well.

I got on pinterest the other day, thinking it would be fun to find some cute Halloween food ideas.  Not for a party or anything, I just thought it would be fun to do it with my kids.  I found like 3 things that weren't severed fingers, boogers, earwax, intestines or blood.  Where are the pumpkin sandwiches? And the spider oreos?  Seriously people. Nobody wants to eat something called bloody intestines.

**********************************

Can I tell you how much I love the weather this week?  The snow last week was a bit much, but this week is gorgeous.  It is warm in the afternoons, cool in the mornings. The grass is still green, and my garden is still growing.  It is gorgeous.  I just wish it would last a little bit longer.

***********************************

Just FYI, I'm giving away a $25 gift card to Sam's Club over on Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle.  So, you know. Free groceries and all that!  :)

************************************

I was really hoping to go hiking next weekend because my kids are off Thurs and Friday. But there is already snow in the mountains.  Maybe we'll just have to dress really warm . . .
Do you like to hike?  Any great trails around the Salt Lake Valley that I need to know about?  We went to a waterfall over Labor day that was awesome. But I cannot for the life of me remember the name. It was in Bell Canyon.  Although it might be a little cold to go and play in the water now.

*************************************
I have a sinking feeling that it is my turn to drive carpool today.  Oh, yes. School starts in 4 minutes. Crap. Gotta go!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Barbaloot said...

I think Halloween is a rotten excuse for people to be gross or provocative. Ew.

Hope you made carpool in time:)

Tracie said...

Adams Canyon

wendy said...

I too like the cutesy part of Halloween, and the little goblins.
I could totally do without the Gross stuff....and the over the top stuff.
and I have never been a fan of Scarry movies.

I love fall, hate to see it coming to a close. and yes, I love to hike. It is good to do things like that with your kids.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.