November 3, 2011

Because you know you wanted to know. . .

You know what I don't like?  I think I will tell you.  Because you are dying to know.

*I don't like how long school is.  Because they get home and have like 5 minutes to do their chores, do their homework, practice the piano, eat dinner and take a bath.  Seriously.  Not enough time.

*Elementary school homework.  Really?  Really?  Okay. So, I get that they should read every day. And that's fine. But the stupid little work sheets.  It's ridiculous.

*I hate the conflict between hot and cold that my house goes through.  I have the heat set for really low about 9.  Which cools the house off, so for the last hour or two that we are awake I am freezing. But if I let it stay warm right up until we go to bed then I can't go to sleep because it is too hot.  It is frustrating.

*I hate it when movies flash the names of their actors in their commercials even though it is no one that we have ever heard of.  Seriously.  Who is Will Collide. . . . oh, wait.

(teeheeheeheehee)

*I hate the How I Met your Mother is NOT on demand. Come on, guys.  Just when I have discovered the glories of it, and you deny me that?

*Watching baseball. I'm sorry. But it's true.

*The way that clearance sucks me in. If there is something I can't pass up, it's a big, red clearance sign.

I think that is all for today.  I hope your curiosity has been satisfied.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Ugh-baseball is the worst. For sure!
HIMYM is on netflix...if that helps. The early seasons are totally the best.
My mom used to always say it wasn't fair that the teachers got her kids for their best hours during the day. I think six to seven hours a day is A LOT for little kids.

Liesl Shurtliff said...

I feel the same way about school and then get this: Chicago Public Schools are planning to extend the school day 90 minutes! NINETY MINUTES! And kindergarten is full-day here! That means my five-year-old will be in school FULL time next year, 40 hours a week!

I realize what they're trying to do, and though I can see it being a service to underprivileged and undereducated families, it is a disservice to mine. I don't know what to do.

Melissa Bastow said...

I'm just going to say "YES" to cover how I agree with all of that you just said.

YES.

wendy said...

oh oh...sounds like you have some issues here.
I am glad ALL my kids are finished school...enough said.
We keep out house VERY cool at night (helloooo....menopause)

I only watch the Baseball World Series...and sorry, but love it.

TheOneTrueSue said...

"But the stupid little work sheets. It's ridiculous."

Oh, AMEN. AMEN TO THIS.

I mean, math worksheets? Definitely, bring it on. But stupid little busy work worksheets? They give me rage. RAGE.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.