December 7, 2011

Book Review: Heir to Power


When I first got Heir to Power I was a little bit hesitant.  I do love a good fantasy novel, but they can be elusive. And it seems like when they are bad, they are horrid.  So, I went into the book with some trepidation.  But the further and further I made it in, I realized that this one would not be getting a place on the horrid list.  This one kept me reading.

Heir to Power is a post apocalyptic look at a secluded people, living their lives according to the records of their ancestors. The story revolves around Kairma, a sixteen year old girl about to come into her powers as second in command of the tribe. Only, she has no desire.  This is the story of her journey, as well as the journey of the rest of her tribe as they come to respect her position.

Author Michele Poague has made the story of the Survin tribe and people come alive in Heir to Power.  It is the first of a three part series that will take the Survinese people farther than they ever expected.  You can find the first two books, Heir to Power and Fall of Eden on Amazon, with the third, Ransom, to be released shortly.  You can read further reviews of her books at Tristi Pinkston's blog.

No comments:

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.