January 6, 2012

Have you ever noticed. . .

This has been bugging me lately. Not necessary on my own blog, but out there in the internets. . .

People take things WAY too seriously.

Seriously.

It gets kind of ridiculous.  I don't even like reading the comments on most articles any more because

1. People are mean
2. People are dumb
3. People are just kind of ridiculous.

I don't know about you, but I tend to take everything that I read, with the possible exception of scripture, with a grain of salt.  I feel like that needs to be prescribed to the rest of the word.

What about you?  Have you noticed this?
Photobucket

9 comments:

just call me jo said...

I even read scripture with a grain of salt. I'll probably turn into a pillar any minute. I hate serious. Seriously. Sometimes I find myself stewing in a big pot of it and I just hate it. I need laughter. Turn up the laughter, sarcasm, and tongue in cheek machine.

heather said...

Umm... I think I need to call you. Yes. I think I do. Can I call you on a Saturday? Is that okay?

Emmy said...

Yes, especially comments in news articles- they are awful!

Barbaloot said...

I can't believe you would say that. Who thinks things like that? Obviously you're not paying enough attention to understand what's going on.

Sound familiar? Yeah-I know what you mean. I'm glad blogging is my sarcasm release:)

Melinda said...

I hope you're not talking about me and my bobby pin post, because really, that was supposed to be mostly a jab at myself. :)

I also hate reading any sort of news article, because the comments just suck me in and then I'm in a sad/bad mood all the rest of the day. I've had to tell myself I'm not allowed to read comments anymore because sometimes they're just horrible!

Just SO said...

I'm with you. Take everything with a grain of salt. Otherwise if you take things too seriously it tends to drag you and everyone else around you DOWN. I don't read comments on most things because of this exact thing. I'll comment if I feel like but I don't read much of the comments out there.

Liesl Shurtliff said...

I agree, but sometimes bloggers say dumb stuff too, and some commenters are really good at calling them on their dumbness.

traskrocks said...

I no longer read comments. LOL.
People are so funny.

Melissa Bastow said...

YES. I totally agree.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.