February 6, 2012

Cousins are the best

I recently got together with my cousins for a baby shower.  I don't know what it is, but there is something so special about that relationship.

We are all so very different.  Some of us were raised in a very privileged life, some were not. Some were raised in California, some in Florida, some in Utah. Some of us are married, some are not. Some of us are mother's, some are not.  Some of us are loud and outgoing, some of us are reserved and shy.  But when we get together, it doesn't really matter anymore. It's like the last 20 years have been stripped away and we are all little girls having so much fun together that we plot and plan to get our parents to let us have a sleepover.

These are girls I am lucky to see every 6 months or so, but who I feel so comfortable with.  I feel so lucky that I have them.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Barbaloot said...

I could've written this exact post. My best friends are my cousins and I'm constantly so happy that I'm lucky enough to be in their family.

heather said...

Just gave you an award on my blog.

Natalie said...

My cousin is my sister, for all intents and purposes. We just happen to have different parents, is all. :)

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.