February 16, 2012

Why I love my Food Processor:


THIS IS NOT A SPONSORED POST.

I'm just slightly obsessed with the gloriousness of my food processor.

1. I love soup. But soup requires much vegetable chopping.  Which can almost entirely be done in the food processor.  It makes chopping onions cake.

2. Biscuits.  Pie Crust.  Basically any recipes that require "cutting" the butter in.  I hate those recipes.  I never made them because that took For. Ev. Er.  Seriously.  Now, 10 seconds.

3. Spaghetti sauce.  After a pretty fruitful tomato season last year, I didn't know what to do with so many tomatoes. So, I made spaghetti sauce.  The things is, my kids don't do chunky. And the blender makes it just a little too thin.  Enter food processor.  Just right.

4. Shredding cheese.  If I find a coupon or super good sale on a block of cheese, I'm buying it.  But more often than not, when I use cheese, it needs to be shredded, which is a pain.  Not with a food processor!

I really kind of sound like an infomercial, don't I?  I'm not trying to sell you one.  I just had to share how much I LOVE mine. (and yes. Caps were absolutely necessary.)

I can't be the only one, right?  Any one else obsessed with an appliance they couldn't live without?


Photobucket

4 comments:

Erin said...

So, I got a food processor for Christmas, and it is still sitting in the box. I'm dying to use it, but we just had the little issue of moving across the country, so it hasn't happened yet. However, I don't actually know how to use it. So, for example, onions: do you cut it in half, peel off the skin, cut off the ends and then throw the whole thing in? What about a head of cabbage? (I'm planning on making egg rolls soon and didn't know how to chop the cabbage.) And while I'm at it, how do you know which attachment to use? When you cut butter into a crust, do you use the slicing one? Do you use the slicing one like 90% of the time, and only the grating one when you want things grated?

I realize I should probably look this stuff up on Google, or even just use trial and error, but that always makes me a bit leery.

Oh, and to answer your question, I couldn't live without my Bosch. Or my KitchenAid. And hopefully, soon I won't be able to live without my food processor :)

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Gosh, I'm thinking my food processor has been seriously underutilized.

Barbaloot said...

Never thought of using it for pie crust. I hate making that---but having a food processor might make it a little less painful.

Mother Goose said...

I love mine for making banana bread!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.