March 22, 2012

Just Because I wanted to

So, I read John Carter. Actually, it's called A Princess of Mars. I read it after I saw the movie.  And I really liked both of them.  This is actually one of the rare cases in which I think the movie is actually better than the book   They made the story more complex in the movie, (shocker, I know) and they also made the Princess kind of awesome instead of the whiny chick that she is in the book.

When I found out that it was a book, I was pretty impressed because in the movie all the aircraft is run on solar power, which is also in the book.  You are wondering why this is so awesome.  Well, the book was published in 1918.  So, yeah.  Also, I saw a commercial that advertised John Carter as the story that inspired Star Wars. And some other sci-fi movie that I can't remember.  I wondered if they were doing that for hype or if it really did.  Well, as I was reading it I came across a scene that is basically Jabba the Hut with different names.  Also came across the word "padawar"  which seems surprisingly close to "padawan."  So, maybe there is some truth to that.

Anyway, just thought you might like to know, in case you were considering reading it. Or have you already? What did you think?
Photobucket

No comments:

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.