May 2, 2012

Glitter in the air

Do you ever have those days where you miss junior high? I know, they happen like once every ten years, but I had a moment tonight.
My boys got into my glitter stash. There was gold glitter everywhere. I had the brilliant idea to put it on my eyelids just like I did in Jr. high. I'm pretty sure that the whole glitter on the eyes thing was basically the highlight of my Jr. high experience. But middle school generally doesn't have a lot to offer, so that's kind of to be expected.

All I really accomplished tonight was getting glitter in my eye and an itchy night, but I looked in the mirror and it made me feel like I was 13 again. And as 30 draws closer and closer that is a feat that doesn't happen often. Maybe I'll start wearing glitter on a more regular basis, I don't know. But really, of all the quarter life crisis options floating around our there, I think I might just get away with glitter eyeshadow. Then again, I'm not sure Jr. High is worth reliving, even for glitter.




1 comment:

Rochelle Brunson said...

I did the whole glitter thing too! Maybe it was Midvale Middle School thing. I miss it occasionally and think, "I should do it again, its so fun." but then I think maybe only prostitutes can get away with glitter eye shadow these days, and I don't want people to think I'm a hooker!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.