May 1, 2012

Not Going Anywhere

This doesn't happen every day. Some days I'm selfish and ungrateful and I miss them. But other days I take a good look around and realize just how full my life is of tender mercies.

They're not big things, you know. Not life changing things. Just things that make the day easier to get through. I won't list them all here. I couldn't even if I tried and some of them are so precious that I wouldn't share any way. But I have realized that blogging is one of them. This blog, and really the medium of blogging in general, is one of the biggest tender mercies of my life.
We've been through stuff. Stuff I've told you about and stuff I haven't. Stuff you tell your best friends and stuff you wouldn't wish on anyone. And I really and truly believe that without those tender mercies, without those little reminders that the Lord was there and knew just when I needed a friend to invite the kids over, or someone to leave a nice comment or sent me someone just to talk to, that I may not have found a way through. It made all the difference in the world.
Some people say that blogging is dying, that Facebook and twitter and instagram have divided and conquered, but I really can't imagine my life without the blog. I don't post as often, I'm not addicted to the comments like I was, but almost every day a post runs through my head. And I think that might just be the way I live the rest of my life. Because when you recognize that mercy, you don't just let it slip away.




4 comments:

Emmy said...

Beautifully said!! And yes - I feel like I am always writing a post too. And it is so good to see and recongnize those tender mercies.

heather said...

So sweet. So true.

I wish there was a way to do an annual blogger get together wherever I happen to be living at the moment because of my little problem with airplanes, you know.

Erin said...

That is a really nice post. I feel the same way as you do. Life has had its challenges, and thanks to support from friends (including blog friends), I feel I am a stronger person.

Rochelle Brunson said...

I agree 100%. I don't even have a twitter/facebook or whatever account. Just blogger. It makes me happy and that's all I need.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.