August 13, 2012

Two Months

It is the longest I have ever stayed away from this blog. My summer has been, let us say, overwhelming.  So much so that even the thought of writing about all of it makes me want to curl up into a ball and hide.  So, at least for right now, I'm not going to.

For the first time in my life, I am so ready to send my children back to school. My summer plans crashed and burned pretty early on this year, and due to unforeseen circumstances, the amount of outings taken this year is far less than previous years.  And so, most days have been spent at home.  With a houseful of bored and fighting children.

My boys are the worst offenders.  They have taken scratching, biting and hitting each other. In fact, I ended up taking Seth to the doctor's because Eric scratched his eye.  Yes, his eyeball.  It was awful.  We had a nice little talk about avoiding the eyes after that, but it hasn't slowed the hitting and biting.  And I am at the end of my rope.  Any ingenious suggestions for getting your children to get along? In the 3-5 year old age range?
Photobucket

4 comments:

Sell...Party Of 5 said...

I wish I could figure out how to teach my 2 and 8 year old to share. I didn't think that was even going to be a problem...but seriously they fight more than they play nice. So hard, I understand friend.

Hang in there.

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Make them stick their noses together while listening to "Love One Another" over and over. And tell them this will continue every time they hit. This tip has been passed down over the generations and works like a charm.

So sorry your summer has not gone as planned. Nothing worse than bored children, but school is almost here!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

I hear sista! I hear ya.

I don't know what kind of cleaners you use, (we use chemical and toxin free ones) but whenever my kids start getting into it bad, I hand them each a spray bottle and a rag and give them something to clean. Kitchen cabinets, wall, windows, etc. It's amazing how much that seems to help!

Good luck!

Kristen said...

Dude, if you figure it out, let me know. My 2 are at each other's throats lately and I've tried everything! Mainly I think they hate being cooped up in the house when it's blazing hot outside, but still. Let me know if you find the answer. :)

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.