September 20, 2012

Bedrest, it is

I spent the next day trying not to do anything. I walked slowly, when I had to walk at all. I didn't lift anything heavier than my purse.  And I kept my phone in my hand, all. Day. Long.

Around 4:30 I thought I would go crazy. I made unsuccessful phone calls to the OB's  office and to my midwife, with promises of return phone calls, but really nothing helpful.  Finally around 6:00 that night, my midwife called me with the news.

The ultrasound had revealed a heartbeat. It was low, but it was there.  My blood work revealed that my numbers hadn't risen, but they hadn't fallen either.  For now, I was still pregnant.  And still on bedrest.  A bit of an inconvenience, really, as my daughter was to get baptized that weekend and family was coming into town.  John took care of what he could, but once again, my saintlike sister stepped up to the plate and cleaned my house for me.  I was so incredibly grateful.  She and my mom and my sister-in-law helped me with the lunch.  It was a success.

We made it through the baptism weekend.  I like to think that more attention was on my daughter than on me that weekend, and for that I am grateful.  It was a beautiful experience and it was so comforting to be surrounded by family. It buoyed me up for what was to come.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow. Craziness!!

All of these long pauses in between posts is kinda driving me crazy... I need to know the end! Post more than once a day, haha! :):)

Kristina P. said...

I think you need to take this time to get caught up on Honey Boo Boo, and the Kardashians.

Rochelle Brunson said...

I'm dying here.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.