September 18, 2012

False Hope

I came home furious, exhausted. Done.

When my husband came home I vented until he could sense that the floodgates were about to burst and he sent me to bed. Which is when the phone rang. Apparently, someone had looked at the ultrasound.  And there was news.

This is where I'm going to get a bit graphic.  If you don't like graphic, stop reading now.

The long and horrible ultrasound had revealed two very important things.  The bleeding was from a hemorrhage in an ovary, and unrelated to the pregnancy.  And the pregnancy was not ectopic. It was close, but there would be no danger to the fallopian tubes if the pregnancy were to go full term. Which, all of a sudden was a possibility.   An unknown, but a possibility.  I would know for sure tomorrow. But until then, I was on bedrest.  Or as the PA put it: you don't have to stay in bed all day.  Just don't do anything you don't absolutely have to.

All of a sudden, hope was back.  Maybe I was still pregnant. There would be a phone call coming tomorrow to confirm.

*If you have no idea what's going on, start here.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Rochelle Brunson said...

The suspense of this story is KILLING ME!

SpencernAmy said...

I am so glad it was better news this time. You are in our prayers!

Erin said...

I wondered if something like this was happening, but I certainly wasn't going to say something on the day you told us you miscarried. I'm excited to hear what comes next. (And sorry for the frustration with doctors, etc.)

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.