September 24, 2012

The End. . .

Since I dragged the story over the past two weeks, I won't make you wait the additional month that I waited, thinking that the bleeding had finally stopped. . . . On three separate occasions. I finally called, which resulted in more blood tests, ultrasounds, and ultimately an emergency D&C.

It's been two weeks since the D&C.  Overall, the ordeal lasted a full six weeks.  I think it's over, but I almost hesitate to write that, because I thought it was over before. Several times.

One of the most comforting things about this whole experience is that fact that I wasn't alone. I don't mean that my husband was there, he was, he was fantastic, what I mean is that almost every woman I told replied with a sympathetic nod and, "I've had one, too. It's hard."  I never felt like I was the only person to go through this, like no one else could understand, because those closest to me did understand   Completely.  When I told them what I was going through, how I was dealing, there was a look in their eyes that was more than just a sympathetic listener. And it really made a difference.

Anyway, now that's all out, we can talk about more enjoyable things.  Like my new obsession with fruit.  Or redecorating my house.  Or my new role on the PTA board.  But I had to get all of that off my chest first.  Thanks for listening.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Barbaloot said...

I want you to know I've been reading along this whole time and I'm so sorry you had to go through this. It's not something I've experienced, but I can't imagine how awful it must be. I'm glad there are doctors that can help you, and other woman who can help you get through it.

heather said...

Love you.

Rochelle Brunson said...

I'm so sorry. I hope you are doing okay. You are a strong woman!

Melinda said...

I know just what you mean, I had a D&C as well and I felt so blessed for the friends and people who could sympathize and understand.

I'm also so sorry you went through that, I hope it really is over now and you can start healing emotionally. I know its hard to share these oh so personal stories but I truly feel that these are the things that help us build each other and relate and make one another closer for it. So thank you for sharing. :)

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

Rachel, I am so sorry. I read your previous posts, and was just heartbroken for you. For all you've gone through. You're in my prayers.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.