September 10, 2012

What I did last summer

I've wanted to be back here. All summer, really. Writing my stories, sharing my life. But it has been a long summer. A hard summer.

I finally feel like I'm in a place where I can talk about it. So much happened so quickly, that I could hardly process it, let alone write about it. But. School is back in session. Life has taken on some semblance of order once again. Without much further ado: my summer.

My husband changed jobs. This, of itself, was a huge blessing. He had hated his job for years. He had been looked over for years, rumors rather than merit created his reputation and his bonus was little more than a slap in the face. The company he was working for, in short, was failing. Still is, in fact but he has left that sinking ship. With the new job came the obvious consequence of new challenges, but it also brought a slightly higher paycheck and better, by far, benefits. This bonus allowed us to move forward with plans that I had been scheming for a while. My baby is almost 4, and I needed another one. The implementation of these better benefits was the permission I was waiting for.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wait! Are you announcing something here?

Wonder Woman said...

Um...DITTO. New job, better benefits, wanting another....but I've gotta convince my husband. (Again.)

SO EXCITED for you and I'll look for an official announcement within the next few months!!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.