February 11, 2013

Adjusting

My kids are old.

No one in my house wears diapers.  No one uses a sippy cup.  No one sits in a highchair or a booster at the table. (The car is another story.)  No one needs me to dress them or feed them.

It's weird.  I almost don't know what to do with myself.  Almost.

Because now I get to do things like homework, reading, PTA, soccer practice, activity days.  Still busy, just different.  And I honestly couldn't tell you which phase that I like better.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Melissa Bastow said...

I was pondering this exact thing just this morning. I don't miss diapers, but sometimes I miss the baby stages.

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Wow, I was thinking this exact same thing today, except I was thinking how much I prefer this stage. I think I am enjoying motherhood, I mean genuinely enjoying it and preferring it to anything else, for the first time since I became one 9 years ago. I guess I find the baby/toddler stage so exhausting and mind-numbing, it feels nice to engage with my kids on a more human level. I enjoy having conversations with them and teaching them new skills, and having more freedom in our choice of family activities. I want to have more kids, but honestly I dread going back to the baby stage.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.