April 23, 2014

If you're reading. . .

I don't know if anyone reads this little old blog anymore, but if you are, I'd like to ask your advice.

I wrote a story.  I wouldn't call it a book, it's not quite long enough. A novella, maybe.

I'm seriously considering self publishing this through Amazon.  I would really like to in fact.

And my question is this: does anyone out there have any experience with this? Any do's and don't's you would like to share with the class?

Also, I wouldn't mind a few beta readers.  I'm sure it could use a little polishing, so if you're willing leave a comment or shoot me an email.

And if I do eventually go through with it, I'll let you know.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Diana said...

I'm reading. I've heard of a few people self publishing through Amazon and doing okay. Make sure you have a good social network to get the word out and, if possible, a youtube trailer for your book. Good Luck. The best idea that I have heard though is to know your target audience. I've considered it myself, but I have no social network and I am not really ready to revisit my book to edit it.

Depending on the type of book and the type of audience you are looking for, I might be willing to beta read it. Email me with a bit more info and I'll let you know.

AubreyB said...

I know nothing about publishing, but I would love read your book/novella! My email is aubsbard at gmail

Melinda said...

Ooh ooh! I want to be a beta reader! Otherwise, I can't help with the publishing part, I have no idea. Sorry! :/

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.