April 28, 2014

Shove a Stick Up It

So, you know in decor, there was the whole "stick a bird on it" trend?  Well, apparently the food bloggers wanted to get in on that and just left the bird out of it.  They stuck to the stick.  You know what I'm talking about. Shove a stick in any kind of dessert, or honestly, food, call it a pop and watch your hits skyrocket.  And really, I mean anything.  And to tell you the truth, I don't get it. I honestly don't get it. Does it taste better with a stick in it? Uh, no.  Does it take longer to make? So much.  There's the argument that kids love it.  And you know what, maybe some do.  But to tell you the truth, my kids prefer the mini, stickless corn dogs (really the only thing that should have a stick in it) to the larger, skewered version.   I think were getting out of hand with this people.  No, seriously.  Just scroll down for proof.  (and all I had to do was search 'pop' on Pinterest.)















And the thing is, it's not just limited to dessert. 

Okay, this is the one that I really don't get. By the time you get all of those sticks up in there, all of the pancakes are cold. And really, who wants to eat a cold pancake? 




Nothing is sacred.  And you know what I say? Stop the madness.  




Photobucket

1 comment:

Rochelle Brunson said...

I couldn't agree more. So annoying!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.