August 1, 2016

Church with Littles

Church is no longer a calm and peaceful experience. Would you like to know why?

1. I have six children.

2. Two of those children are 1 and 2.

3. Church starts at 1:00

Did you know that a family of 8 takes up pretty much an entire row?  We do.  Which means that if we don't get to church early enough to be able to snag an entire row, we are stuck in the very back on the folding chairs. And no one, not a single one of us, likes to sit in the hard chairs.  Just kidding.  The babies like to sit on the  hard chairs.  Do you want to know why?  Because when you bang the hard chairs with your match box car, your colored pencil or your sippy cup, it makes a loud, echoing sound throughout the gym.  And that is super awesome.

Because we moved at the end of last year, we landed ourselves in a two year stretch of 1:00 church.  Can I explain to you why 1:00 is so awful?  It has very little to do with the four older children. They are totally fine with it. They, however, are entirely capable of dressing themselves, feeding themselves and dealing with their own bodily functions.  The two people who live in my house and are not capable of any of those things make 1:00 church a nightmare.  The biggest problem is that it is smack in the middle of nap time.  It doesn't just overlap a little. It's straight up nap time. And those two littles NEED their naps.  I am firmly convinced that if church were at 9:00 I would occasionally get to sit through an entire sacrament meeting. As it stands, I haven't been able to stay in the chapel for a full hour stretch since about April of 2015.

Don't get me wrong, I adore my babies.  I don't want them to grow up. I want them to stay little for as long as possible. At home.

No comments:

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.